Most of the women’s perception- Lifting heavy weight makes them bulky.
It’s absolutely not true. The reality is lifting weights is an effective fat loss technique. If you are lifting heavy weights together with a healthy eating pattern, for sure you will look a lot more beautiful, feel more energetic and stronger. It will help you think actively and increases positivity to start anything in a new and better way.
We are well aware of Indian fitness Celebrity VJ Bani and Actress Mandira Bedi.
Mandira Bedi after pregnancy shed 22kg of her weight in just 6 months. In an interview (http://www.fitnessvsweightloss.com/mandira-bedi-super-mom ) she said: “The idea is to do more than what your body is used to if you’re looking at serious weight loss”.
Mandira Bedi- workout in Gym
Image Source: www.fitnessvsweightloss.com
VJ Bani in one of her post on Instagram said” I never entered the gym because of what people said I ‘should/ ought to/ must’ look like. I went in there to get strong, to be active, to be healthy, to sweat to feel better, and more ME”. Her super sculpted body has become the inspiration for many.
Vj Bani- Weight Main
To know about fitness mantra of VJ Bani visit:
Effects of heavy lifting
- It burns calories. After a heavy workout, there is an increase in oxygen consumption which helps in breaking down fat stores in the body.
- By lifting weights, you are shaping your body not making it bulky.
- Weight training increases bone density which reduces the risk of fractures thereby decreasing the risk of Osteoporosis. Research also says weight training increases spinal bone density to create a strong and healthy spine.
- Girls have a lower testosterone levels (the hormone that helps us pack on muscle mass )in comparsion to men, due to which they cannot bulk up like men do even after lifting heavy weights.
What we can follow to get effective results:
- Eat a diet which is nutritious and contains healthy foods.
- Have a fixed routine.
- Eat away on an interval basis.
- Set a goal.
- Strictly follow your trainer’s diet plan.
Being a fitness brand ourselves, we do have some example of women lifting weights @CrossFit Real Steel:
Nidhi @ Crossfit Real Steel
She does everything in the Gym, including heavy weight lifting, Olympic lifting and Bodyweight exercises.
We are a Gym in Palam Vihar, Gurgaon. We are a CrossFit Certified centre. Join us and get transformed now !!